So, a little late getting this one done but here goes.
(Oh, special note and shoutout to runningthriver’s blog post about Tough Mudder people adding too much running- THANKS for that- realize my training plan has way more running than needed. However- please note if you are following my blog my SECONDARY goal for this year is to run my first marathon, so putting in the miles is building to a marathon in September in Bellingham, WA)
Last week was tough, I am finding I must constantly re-balance my week to maintain my training schedule. A good exercise and the week got sorted, so here goes.
Monday- Did one set of Belton’s Routine all the way through. AWESOME total body workout- thanks B.
Tuesday- Ran 3 miles
Thursday- was supposed to workout on this day but ended up with an insane day so pushed to Friday- also read PMS+wine= feeling more sane
Friday- Ran 3.1 miles and did half of Belton’s workout
Saturday- Ran in my underwear in Seattle for 1.5 miles and felt FAST. It was awesome, perhaps the lack of clothing helped the speed a bit!
Sunday- Ran 3.75 miles and did half of Belton’s routine after. Ooof.
Here is Belton’s workout again.
Belton Workout #2
Med Ball Burpee Complex
– Slam once, Burpee once Slam twice Burpee twice then 3x etc. go to 10
– Adjust weight. One exercise movement flows to the next
– Barbell Clean
– Barbell Front Squat
– Barbell Push PRess
– Barbell Bent Over Row
– 2 Cleans, 2 BB Front Squat, 2 BB Push Press, 2 Bent Over rows,
– 3 etc and on to 5 and then BACK DOWN to 1
2 sets of Mountain Climber / Pushup Combo WITH the TRX cables
– 10 mountain Climbers and then One Pushup
– Repeat ten times. Total of 100 mountain climbers and 10 Pushups
– Choose 3 ab exercises and repeat those three 3 sets 20 reps each.